Oversight of Local Public Water Systems
Thorpe Water Development Co services maintain and oversees multiple local public water systems in and around the Ankeny, IA area. This includes required monitoring and sampling of the water by our knowledgeable technicians. All samples are analyzed at our state-certified laboratory.
We are a locally owned business so you don’t have to worry about a larger company from out of town taking care of your town’s water supply. For more information, please call (515) 289-2345.
Thorpe Water Development Water Systems
Contracted Water Systems Serviced
Ten Things You Can Do to Save Water Outside
- Water your lawn only when it needs it. A good way to see if your lawn needs watering is to step on the grass. If it springs back up when you move, it doesn’t need water. If it stays flat, fetch the sprinkler.
- Deep-soak your lawn. When you do water, do it long enough for the moisture to soak down to the roots where it will do the most good. A light sprinkling can evaporate quickly and tends to encourage shallow roof systems.
- Water during the cool parts of the day. Early morning is generally better than dusk since it helps prevent growth of fungus.
- Don’t water the gutter. Position your sprinklers so water lands on the lawn or garden, not on paved areas. Also, avoid watering on windy days.
- Plant drought-resistant trees and plants. Many beautiful trees and plants thrive with far less watering than other species.
- Put a layer of mulch around trees and plants. Mulch will slow evaporation of moisture and discourage weed growth too.
- Use a broom, not a hose, to clean driveways and sidewalks.
- Don’t run the hose while washing your car. Clean the car with a pail of soapy water. Use the hose just to rinse it off.
- Tell your children not to play with the hose and sprinklers.
- Check for leaks in pipes, hoses, faucets and couplings. Leaks outside the house may not seem as bad since they’re not as visible. But they can be just as wasteful as leaks inside. Check frequently and keep them drip-free.
We are updating our records so that we have the most current information available. We would like to be able to contact you if or when an emergency arises, meter maintenance, water outages, etc.
Your cooperation is much appreciated!
Please update your information by completing this form or you can email email@example.com.